New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Greetings.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:16 AM
Default Greetings.

Greetings everyone. I hope all is doing well. I figured I'd register for this group as my Partner and I are actively searching for a Buick Roadmaster Estate to add to our crowded garage. We both love the 1990's wagons both for their sheer mass, and for the fact that this was the last true attempt by GM for making floaty highway barges designed solely for the purpose of chewing up highway miles. We also need the 43 acres of room in the back for carrying our gear to conventions, and didn't want to spend a small fortune for what will be the 7th vehicle in our driveway.

Today, we're going to be rushing to the Philly area to go look at one that is priced aggressively and still just under the 100k mark. Hopefully my next reply will be pictures of our highway barge upon our return. Until then..... I hope all are having a great weekend.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:34 AM

I guess they are out there and hope you find what you want.
If I may, you certainly have good taste wanting a Buick !!

Old 08-04-2018, 10:05 PM

We have returned home. We looked at a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate. It of course has issues given that it's 22 years old. They are however, things that we can easily remedy at a modest cost. The best part is the price. We don't think the dealership had any idea at what the transaction prices for these cars is. On our way out to look at the car (400 mile one way trip), they called us to say that it had "failed" their inspection and had a list of stuff that needed to be addressed. They stated that they would do a cost adjustment on the price they had advertised. When we got there, we looked at it thoroughly and found the things that truly mattered to be in good working order. I've seen the 1995 - 1996 models routinely posted north of $13k. We did some minor haggling to squeeze a few more bucks out of the price, and left with it for a steal at $3500. My Partner and I are extremely pleased. The car drove the 400 miles home with no issues, beyond a concerning squeal in the serpentine belt area, and even managed to get over 26 mpg on the drive home.

Attached Thumbnails Greetings.-buick4.jpeg   Greetings.-buick1.jpeg   Greetings.-buick2.jpeg   Greetings.-buick3.jpeg  
Old 08-05-2018, 02:57 AM

Looks good, thanks for the pix, brings back some memories !

Old 08-05-2018, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Looks good, thanks for the pix, brings back some memories !
You're welcome. We love this thing. It has it's attention it needs for sure, and we're going to be tackling them straight away.