Hello again Buick buffs!
Owners of the 2006+ Buick Lucerne may benefit from this procedure that documents how to replace the headlight bulb on their car. It's a very straight-forward job that could be accomplished in less than an hour by individuals possessing even marginal mechanical skills
Here's the write-up:
**For reference, this Lucerne headlight wiring diagram
may help you out**
1) Place the Lucerne in "Park" and turn the engine off. Allow the Buick to sit for a half hour to ensure all components and wires have had time to cool off.
2) Open the hood of the vehicle and locate the headlight that corresponds with the burnt out bulb.
3) Unplug the electrical connector found on the back of the headlight unit. Push down on the release tab, located on the top of the connector, while gently pulling the wiring out of the unit.
4) Remove the burnt out bulb by turning it counterclockwise. Once the bulb is loose enough, pull the bulb out and discard.
5) To install, insert a replacement bulb into the headlight unit. Twist the bulb clockwise to lock the bulb into the socket. Reconnect the electrical connector by plugging it back into the appropriate spot. The connector will click when secured.