General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Alarm goes off when key unlocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:37 PM

Just got my 2002 Rendezvous back from having numerous problems fixed and got a big bill for it. After picking it up, it has a NEW problem. Don't want to take it back to the dealer.

When I put the key in the door to unlock it, the alarm (horn) goes off.Stays on until the key is put in the ignition or the clicker is used. I have the original key and one extra and both set off the alarm. If I use the clicker, it doesn't happen but my husband and I both drive it and have only one clicker. Could this be something I could set in the program mode?

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:00 PM

I had a problem with a new key I had made (set off the alarm but only when I had used it to unlock door). I had to reset the code on the key, Owners manuel said to start engine with original key, shut off and restart with new key. My problem seems fixed. If your original key somehow lost it's code........sounds like the dealer wiped out the code;it should be up to them to recode it free of charge. Scream like hell.........go up the ladder if you have to.

Send me some help with my seatbelt post.

THX

Old 04-12-2008, 01:46 PM

I will ask th!e dealer about the code problem. I need to get it to them soon as I received a recall notice - to replace the gas tank. Arggh. Wish I could help with your problem. Thanks for the input.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Good luck..........the problem soon my become affording to fill your tank. You may not have to worry about the alarm.........isn't that scary

Norm