Buick  Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums

Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.buickforum.com/forum/)
-   Roadmaster (https://www.buickforum.com/forum/roadmaster-41/)
-   -   @#$&. Boy am I stupid (https://www.buickforum.com/forum/roadmaster-41/%40-%24-boy-am-i-stupid-8038/)

Bentwings 07-18-2018 09:37 AM

@#$&. Boy am I stupid

Hi,
well I did the unthinkable....I locked the keys in the car. I need to move it to the service shop as soon as possible.

are there any tricks to force the locks other than the locksmith?

Byron

Bentwings 07-18-2018 10:00 AM

Oh boy am I a lucky stupid @#$& . I found the Hida a key. It’s been there since it was new in 1994.

Byron

hanky 07-18-2018 02:43 PM

Ha , Hey move over !
People do this every day, so welcome to the club.

Bentwings 07-18-2018 08:48 PM

Haha, at least I now have sufficient incentive to at least get a door key made to install on myover stuffed key chain.

byron

Fred Kiehl 07-19-2018 09:43 PM

Fortunately you found the "hid-a-key". Opening a locked B body is difficult. The easiest way is to pry the front door a little, and use a long wire to push the electric lock switch on the opposite door. A second key fob kept at home works too. GM in their infinite wisdom did not include a provision for the door opening handle to unlock the door when pulled.

Bentwings 07-19-2018 10:24 PM

I’m going to Home Depot tomorrow to get a door key made. At least I’ll be able to get into it if it happens again. I’ll restore the hide a key too. It was a stroke of luck to find it even knowing where it was. The previous owner really hid it well. You would never find it otherwise.

byron

Rich B. 07-23-2018 05:42 AM

Love choice of swear words. Yup, hide a key good but mine was always missing when I looked for magnetic box. Think the winter ice and snow would dislodge it, kept tucked up on backside of front bumper. '69 road runner had real bumper, used to jack car up with it to change tire (actually did that?):)

hanky 07-23-2018 01:59 PM

For what it costs to have another key to be made, I would consider having 2 made. Then guess what , now that you have spares you won't need any ! If you only have one key, you can bet it will happen again.

Bentwings 07-23-2018 05:51 PM

Haha, you are right.
What usually happens with two extra keys you either forget where you put them or you lose both and you are back to one of each.

i now have two extra door keys. One on my house key chain and one on my spare keys ring in my pocket.

i had to edit both sets to find room for the new keys.

Rich B. 07-25-2018 04:30 AM

Can't recall my conclusions now. Thinking on 2 things with keyless ignition:

1) Start car, drive off and leave transmitter at home?
2) Start car or not and lock transmitter in car or trunk.

Pretty sure alarms will activate and there's fail safes enabled, can't recall. Doing pretty good
lately other than that lol:) Tried both scenarios already, but?

Other car has 2 keys though, one for track and other is street. But who uses street key?