Project and Build Forum Post pics and step by step instructions for any projects or car builds you are working on to keep everyone updated.

Emergency, na sc 04 lasabre to sc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Default Emergency, na sc 04 lasabre to sc.

Need help. Have an 04 lasabre i will be rebuilding witb goodies and supercharger. I need to know my ecu options. Or HOW IM GOING TO MAKE IT RUN. will it run on stock ecu or will it need immediate tune. Im lost someone help.
2004 buick lasabre non supeecharged, custom. Can i keep same computer and just get it flashed or tuned?

Attached Thumbnails Emergency, na sc 04 lasabre to sc.-20170409_141427.jpg  
Old 02-16-2018, 03:44 AM

From the factory the L67 put out only 225-240HP. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_V6_engine It all seems hardly worth the time, money or effort. Along with blowing all the engine seals and head gaskets, doubt it would ever work without one problem after another, i.e.- connecting rods. My '16 normally aspirated direct injection motor is rated maybe 305HP. Power is adequate but not awe inspiring, I'm satisfied (higher rated than Buick OEM supercharged motors).

No, you just don't bolt on a supercharger and go. A tune required at least for starters and the car may last a few days. Fuel enrichment/MAF, injectors, oiling of charger?, pulleys completely different (not a turbo). The list goes on, keep what you have as the only thing superchargers were ever a Buick option for was a bit more torque and better mileage from already existing design but not bolt on IMHO.

My point being after a few thousand dollars spent you still don't have anything. Not trying to discourage or slam dunk but been there done that. Don't think about Nitros Oxide and won't even mention (kidding) my 444HP road runner engine but even by today's standards isn't all that.

Example: I put a larger throttle body on the engine (in photo) 80MM to 84.5MM. Same as a larger carburator back when (problems with that if oversized). If I went any larger a lean condition and codes would be a problem. Car is more snappy, to go with a 90MM TB would require tune and maybe larger injectors. Not changing a thing as I have Ford race track tune which allows for extra fuel but within parameters. It's like the tip of an iceberg, what's not showing is where the troubles lie....

Attached Images  

Last edited by Rich B.; 02-16-2018 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Why not? Think I'm finally done lol.