Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

2018 car shows

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:06 AM
Talking

Waterford Mi elks club car show. Forecast was for rain so the turn out was low 30 cars and trucks showed up.
We did drive thru rain getting there for about 5 miles then it cleared off into a nice day.
These are the top ten winners and best of show.

Name:  NrQ3mdM.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  1.63 MB
Name:  xMzrkRA.jpg
Size:  1.94 MB
Name:  BONXlFW.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  2.31 MB
Name:  1QeV4Bt.jpg
Size:  3.56 MB

Name:  ZoS9jko.jpg
Size:  2.16 MB
Name:  vAqAyGG.jpg
Size:  2.41 MB
Name:  fRjI16p.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  1.69 MB
Name:  EJUg7ok.jpg
Size:  2.04 MB

Name:  zTrCBky.jpg
Size:  2.25 MB
Name:  O2j5Qt9.jpg
Size:  3.08 MB
Name:  vV97KYO.jpg

Al

Old 09-21-2018, 07:15 AM
Talking

Clio Mi Eagles club car show. Highlited the problem with each car getting to vote for the top so many and best of show. 12 cars from a club came to this show. took home 10 of the top 12 trophys and best of snow.

Name:  dtJeSuJ.jpg
Size:  1.89 MB
Name:  ijxsaqY.jpg
Size:  1.72 MB
Name:  g3AhbGL.jpg
Size:  1.79 MB
Name:  KF4dbmN.jpg
Size:  2.35 MB
Name:  EqoC2U4.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  2.02 MB
Name:  wzgO0po.jpg
Size:  1.80 MB
Name:  wQxGIzy.jpg
Size:  2.87 MB
Name:  CVoc5Tk.jpg
Size:  1.62 MB
Name:  j173865.jpg
Size:  1.80 MB

Al

Old 09-21-2018, 07:20 AM
Talking

Name:  GyWrGsL.jpg
Size:  1.94 MB

Name:  l5v43zj.jpg
Size:  2.32 MB
Name:  U9S6hoa.jpg
Size:  1.77 MB
Name:  NwFvdO6.jpg
Size:  2.35 MB

Name:  e30JMDT.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  2.40 MB
Name:  L716pNZ.jpg
Name:  1MeXR2s.jpg
Size:  2.78 MB
Name:  0IUtErn.jpg
Size:  2.00 MB
Name:  7xbJFEr.jpg
Size:  1.97 MB

Al

Old 09-21-2018, 07:30 AM
Talking

Name:  WamvxDB.jpg
Size:  2.86 MB
Name:  Dt042hi.jpg
Size:  2.78 MB
Name:  RP2uEmo.jpg
Size:  2.99 MB
Name:  YbpDdxT.jpg
Size:  3.21 MB
Name:  uQGOWzo.jpg
Size:  1.60 MB
Name:  RWt1Jv3.jpg
Size:  1.67 MB
Name:  Cw0Y8dA.jpg
Size:  2.92 MB
Name:  OY0FzZh.jpg
Size:  2.52 MB
Name:  9Fs2jRQ.jpg
Size:  1.72 MB
Name:  Nf7bADB.jpg
Size:  1.58 MB

Al

Old 09-21-2018, 07:35 AM
Talking

US 27 tour. I am not cut out fo tours. One minute doing the speed limit the next standing on the brakes only to gas it again.

Al

Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 AM
Talking

Al

Old 09-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Talking

You haven't really looked at the total forum have you. I like so many signed up here with a question and that little boy decal peeing on some thing or other peed on my question.

I would come and peek to see if maybe some one had answered my question and saw the little boy PISSIN on even more people.
To be honest I am suprized to see this forum still alive, but is still on its death bed.

My pictures prove people do put their hearts, blood sweat and money into restoreing these old cars. Yes many have been modified but a whole bunch more have not been.

Funny my daughter said she didn't see many old cars/trucks in Wisconsin either. Yet when I looked at towns in a 50 mile radis of her town I found several cars shows some had gone by but there were many more to be held yet.

We are doing a show Saturday with in 15 miles of home and another one Sunday that is a bit farther and passing on several others we could attend.

We are also makeing our list for next year. Some shows were clearly good old boy shows where the locals even with a sorry ride got a trophy.

We crossed off one from last year where they out and out lied. It was the bean fest and they had all the bean soup you could eat. Not true, it was cooked off site and brought in so there was soup if you wanted to stand in line for 30 minutes. Regustrion was $20.00 and you didn't even get a dash plaque.

Second one was so good old boy it wasn't funny. They said that parking was limited so to be there early, parking was supposed to be a church parking lot despite put on by the DDA.
So you drove in the lot signed your car up and they told you to park some place.
Intresting thing was some cars were led out of the lot to a side street to park, some like us were sent off to the back corner of the church parking lot. We were all out of towners.

Spectators voted on the best and best of show. they were never told us out of towners were in the church parking lot.

Al

Old 09-22-2018, 05:23 AM

For sure on lack of interest, yes I've been on 2 forums that domains just vanished. It's as all your effort went down the tubes also. Usually have to answer my own questions with even bustling site. Like this site as it covers anything/everything, is low key and of variety for sure. Hate to see my posts active for more than a few days and as you say many lookers but far as it goes.

I haven't seen one bad car (maybe one or two) in your photos Alley and see a positive effort made with upkeep and restos. And though many cars aren't my favorites can understand about the effort, money and time put into them. But too it definitely shows the pride.

Over to Mechanic Falls sits an orange '50 Ford I think it is (windshield not split). It's painted orange of coarse, ripples and fill galore. The finalie is he has Volkswagen bumpers on it, maybe 80's vintage. Nope, that doesn't make the grade unless seen maybe from 1/4 mile distance. Was for sale- wouldn't touch it with a 1/4 mile pole lol. Oh too like that peach painted car even though it looks pink. It was well done.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:32 AM
Talking

I have not posted a picture of even one bad car. They are all good, they were able to get them to a car show so they ran and drove.

Every one has to start some place. All those shiny old cars and trucks were not bubbled wrapped at the factory to be bought and opened up some time in the future.

Each and every one some one sweated bloodied them selves and spent money.
We paid some one to paint our car. Was a pricey endeavor we were lucky enopugh to beable to afford our kids have been gone from home for a long time.

Did two shows this week end. One was just Buicks, Pontiacs and a Few GMC trucks.
Was one big boreing event to me for some reason, I did do Buicks on the Bricks in Flint and enjoyed that one.

Al

Old 09-25-2018, 05:50 AM

Yes there are junkers that have no business even showing up at any show. An insult to my intelligence and 20/25 vision. Waisting my time and money spent on entry fee and think they better find a new pastime, period. I don't really care what they think and probably wear their rose colored glasses all the time.

This moron that lives next door has 4 Junkers right in his front yard. Does he think their all pristine.... Wrong answer. Actually lowers my property value just having those shi-boxes next to me. Now my place is only worth around $250K and with the low life's on either side of me forget about that. The one on the other side has a grass and weed garden, junk snowmobile in back yard past 4 years. Told him he has a pig sty and that was insulting the pigs.

So I'm not convinced and what they do is their business at shows but don't include me......

Quick Reply: 2018 car shows