Buick  Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums

Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.buickforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.buickforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/)
-   -   Park Avenue turn signals all flash at the same time. (https://www.buickforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/park-avenue-turn-signals-all-flash-same-time-8190/)

gwirwin 01-31-2019 12:25 PM

Park Avenue turn signals all flash at the same time.

I have a 2003 Park Avenue that I've had for about 5 years, I got out of my car and noticed that my 4-way flashers were on, I checked the switch and it had not been activated. when I re-started the car the flashers went off, turn the key on, the flashers came back on. Thinking the flasher itself had gone bad, I replaced it with a new one, and still had the same results. I pulled the HZRD fuse under the hood , same results. I pulled the turn signal fuse and the 4-ways went off, but the tail-lights stayed on. anyone have any ideas?

hanky 02-01-2019 05:22 AM

Good possibility there is a problem with the BCM (Body Control Module).

gwirwin 02-01-2019 01:55 PM

Thanks!

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 16721)
Good possibility there is a problem with the BCM (Body Control Module).

Thanks hanky for the info, any chance you could tell me where it is in my car?
and Thanks again!

hanky 02-02-2019 04:50 AM

Knowing where it is won't help.
What is needed is someone with a good scan tool that can extract certain info from the BCM and confirm if it has a problem.

Rich B. 02-03-2019 04:56 AM

Glad you came up with some ideas Hanky, I was avoiding this one:)

gwirwin 02-04-2019 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by hanky (Post 16727)
Knowing where it is won't help.
What is needed is someone with a good scan tool that can extract certain info from the BCM and confirm if it has a problem.

Thanks Hanky I did manage to solve the taillight issue but that was all so i will track down a scanner. Thanks again!

alleyyooper 03-12-2019 08:18 AM

Just about every auto parts store here in Michigan has a scan tool and will do a scan for free with the idea a part can be sold to fix the problem.

Wonder if you got the problem totaly fixed.

I would have had you check the grounds.

The BCM is above the right side hush panal. it is a costly compurter part that a normal car owner shouldn't mess with because it can screw up every function in the car from the AC/heat to the radio.

:D Al

hanky 03-12-2019 03:59 PM

Unfortunately , most of the places that will check your vehicle for codes, at no cost, do only that , "Check for codes".
A scan tool will provide addl info as to module health and if there are any problems that the codes show to exist. Having the scan tool is only half the solution , you need to know how to use it and be able to tell from listed data as to just where the problem lies. It's kinda like when the doctor looks at your blood work , he can pretty much tell what is not a good reading and a knowledgable auto tech can do the same with your vehicle's data provided by a good scan tool.