LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

Swap 2015 Intellilink for 2016 (with Apple CarPlay)

Old 02-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Arrow Swap 2015 Intellilink for 2016 (with Apple CarPlay)

I am looking to purchase a 2015 LaCrosse but I’m afraid that model year does not come with Apple CarPlay, but the 2016 does. Is there a way I can swap out the 2015 head unit for the one found on the 2016?

If so, would it be plug and play or is there other tooos I would I would have to purchase to accomplish this?

2015 - no CarPlay

2016 - with CarPlay
I would really like the extra feature but upgrading a whole model year is proving to be more expensive than its worth.

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2019, 05:31 AM

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ Now I had to see what this even was lol. No wonder, don't and refuse to have or even use phone these days unless it's a necessity. Never in car, period; nothing or nobody that can't wait. So you have those that run the electronics and those whereas the electronics run their lives. iPad's OK but when I choose to view it. Then of coarse FB, left long ago, no explanation required there.

I hate seeing these ones driving down the road lolly-gagging on a cell phone.... Means their not watching me or the road but better believe I'm staring them down (head on collisions in ME at a high now). Point is, nothing will change them and I had no problems with BC (before cell). https://www.sunjournal.com/2014/07/2...lisions-maine/ And this is old even.

Note: No reflection on starting post here just MHO on entire thing.

Last edited by Rich B.; 02-20-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rich B.
https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ Now I had to see what this even was lol. No wonder, don't and refuse to have or even use phone these days unless it's a necessity. Never in car, period; nothing or nobody that can't wait. So you have those that run the electronics and those whereas the electronics run their lives. iPad's OK but when I choose to view it. Then of coarse FB, left there long ago, no explanation required there.

I hate seeing these ones driving down the road lolly-gagging on a cell phone.... Means their not watching me or the road but better believe I'm staring them down (head on collisions in ME at a high now). Point is, nothing will change them and I had no problems with BC (before cell). https://www.sunjournal.com/2014/07/2...lisions-maine/ And this is old even.

Note: No reflection on starting post here just MHO on entire thing.
Would you use Apple CarPlay if it came equipped in your vehicle, considering it’s designed to distract you as little as possible.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:52 AM

Hi "Z", think our car has it ('16 LaCrosse). Know it's Bluetooth compatable and if active will automatically connect with any calls incoming on wife's phone. She doesn't use it and I don't have a cell phone these days. Don't care if she gets calls on her cell, pay no attention but no connection in car at this time per se.

Relates to DoD position, was essential personnel. Always had a pager or cell, when it rang would throw the thing across the room. Loved those pagers when they'd shatter into 5 or 6 sections. It's been over 7 years, statute of limitations applies lmao. Retired these days, I seem to drive always too.

Last edited by Rich B.; 02-06-2019 at 11:14 AM.