LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

LaCrosse 2018 How to disable auto start/stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Smile LaCrosse 2018 How to disable auto start/stop

Does anybody know how to disable auto start/stop on a 2018 Buick LaCrosse.
I have to say that that feature works actually pretty good, however, I would like to be able to disable it.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:51 AM

eAssist Automatic Engine Start/Stop :: Starting the Engine :: Starting and Operating :: Driving and Operating :: Buick LaCrosse Owners Manual :: Buick LaCrosse - BuiClub.com Don't like this feature at all, at least it's not in the '16 (V6) models. Heard about several deaths already from Co poisoning due to not shutting engines off with keyless system. So car is put in park and is so quit, left running in closed garage, oh well....

Don't ask me how but I put mine in neutral once, exited car and it was rolling backwards lmao. Not really funny but if your not paying attention to all the unnecessary gadgetry and something else, it's easy.

Bad habit to not use parking brake of coarse but in Maine through the winter months they have an uncanny habit of sticking, freezing and not releasing at all. So you release electric brake (what else of coarse?) and just drive off, hoping the friction will heat them up from binded status.

Last edited by Rich B.; 05-18-2018 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:28 AM

Another thing that drive me nuts is the door locking system. It is like the car manufactures think that their customers are total idiots,
and that they need to micromanage everything.
I park my car in the garage. When I get home I turn off the car and go in the house.
The car will lock itself. Sometimes I need to get something from the car I forgot. I go in the garage and I stand in front of a locked car.
Now I have to go back in the house, find the car keys, unlock the car, then go back in the house to return the car keys.
BUICK - MY CAR IS IN A SECURE LOCATION - I DO NOT WANT TO LOCK IT!

Another thing is the auto lock when shifting from park into drive. I hate it, and it cannot be turned off!
When I drive the car out of the garage so that my wife can get in at the passenger side, the door is locked again,
even though I have it set to unlock all doors when I unlock my side. But I had to shift out of park and the door is locked!
Other manufactures lock it at least when you hit 30MPH or so, again BAD BUICK!

Last edited by Satzinger; 05-18-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:42 AM

Can't agree any more, sounds like it's all gotten way worse with the '18's. Locks though even drive me bonkers. It's one bump for driver door and takes two for unlocking all 4 w/keyless. Our doors all latch when starting to move also (not as bad). Things I'll never know about or ever use, completely forget all the time about the sunroof. Well done but run the A/C in summer usually- never use hardly. Oh forgot the Bluetooth, literally put my phone away when retired. Don't use it ever anymore, love it not having any calls and won't answer house phone either.

Do like the back up cameras and crash detectors at least. Something goes off and I'll look all over to see what I'm going to hit. My time has certainly come and gone before any of this stuff was ever even thought of, guess just too set in ways. And cruise control? Not that outrageous but have yet to even use on this car.

Good subject, much can be said on this. Maybe somebody will even answer disable question

Last edited by Rich B.; 05-19-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:43 PM

Talked to Dealer and asked for custom programming (that was possible with my BMW I had before):
  1. Disable auto start/stop --- NOT POSSIBLE
  2. Disable auto door lock when moving --- NOT POSSIBLE, NOT EVEN TO CHANGE IT TO AFTER 30 MPH
  3. Auto locking door when leaving car --- POSSIBLE and FIXED
Well, one out of three, that is a start.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:39 AM

LMAO on that, can't believe these days now how things are made not "idiot proof" so to say but way too "smart" proof.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:38 AM

Hello,

point #3 on your list. Auto locking door when leaving car --- POSSIBLE and FIXED

Can you tell me how to do this? or point me in the right direction of where to find the steps or process.

My 2016 Buick Lacrosse always locked when im headed some place. And i have to double back for a set of keys. It locks even when

there is a set of keys in the car. Thank you so much for your help!

Old 12-01-2020, 09:08 AM

[Disclaimer: I have NO vested interest in either of the sellers/products mentioned below. Just sharing in case others may benefit from the homework I have done.]

Resurrecting an older thread. I have found two aftermarket sellers of Start/Stop disablers:

- Auto Stop Eliminator: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/
- Range Technology: https://www.rangetechnology.com/prod...stop_disabler/

The first one listed seems to be a little more involved in terms of installation, but is the less expensive of the two, whereas the second one just plugs directly into the vehicle's OBD port and is the more costly of the two. I went with the second option (OBD) and so far it seems to be working as advertised. No information about longevity, etc. at this time. I'd be interested in hearing whether anyone has used the first product and what their experience has been.

Just sharing my experience. Like I mentioned at the top, this is NOT an endorsement, just saving any likeminded individuals the homework of tracking down a possible solution. Best of luck.