LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

HELP........My lacrosse has me stumped.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 05:34 PM
Angry HELP........My lacrosse has me stumped.

I have a 2010 Buick lacrosse cxl 3.0 that I have been trying to fix a P0092 problem. I had it scanned and it comes up as the fuel pressure regulator. The dealership said it was the high pressure fuel pump. I changed it twice and still have the same issues. I get the reduced engine power while I'm pushing down the accel. It usually happens when I'm climbing a hill. Is anyone familiar with this problem or know what I can do to fix it?

Old 02-14-2018, 03:30 AM

Being my first Buick and from what I gather, fuel pump in tank has been changed twice and this has a strainer at intake? Must have a fuel filter, probably sludged up?

Apparently some Buicks from the past decade didn't have filters, relying on the fuel pump strainer only. Secondary in line filtration of fuel injectors themselves may not be a stupid question knowing of Buick's sometimes strange ideas (as what were they thinking?).

Definitely a lack of fuel/enrichment problem, photo of injector filters (they do exist, maybe not used by Buick however). Now would like to see additional replies as again not trying to play forum monopoly.

Attached Thumbnails HELP........My lacrosse has me stumped.-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Rich B.; 02-14-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rich B.
Being my first Buick and from what I gather, fuel pump in tank has been changed twice and this has a strainer at intake? Must have a fuel filter, probably sludged up?

Apparently some Buicks from the past decade didn't have filters, relying on the fuel pump strainer only. Secondary in line filtration of fuel injectors themselves may not be a stupid question knowing of Buick's sometimes strange ideas (as what were they thinking?).

Definitely a lack of fuel/enrichment problem, photo of injector filters (they do exist, maybe not used by Buick however). Now would like to see additional replies as again not trying to play forum monopoly.
I have changed the engine mounted high pressure fuel pump twice. In my lacrosse there are 2 fuel pumps. One in the tank and one on the motor.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:55 PM

Roger that on pump(s) change. 2010 Buick LaCrosse TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) | BuickProblems.com May find a related TSB for the 2010 LaCrosse. Also the throttle position sensor, maybe the culprit as that would call for more fuel req'd for accelerating I'd think. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thro...osition_sensor

I also learned about codes they don't always hit the nail on the head, could be including associated troubles (not a mechanic, just used to work on my own veh.).

Last edited by Rich B.; 02-15-2018 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:34 AM

Did you ever find the solution to this? I got the exact same problem and already replaced high pressure fuel pump, fuel sensor, throttle body.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:07 AM

There is a little info that should be known before just replacing parts.
The hi press pump is controlled by a solenoid that regulates how much volume is allowed into the pump.
The better way to do this is to have the fuel system checked with a capable scan tool to determine Desired and Actual fuel pressure. That is affected by a fuel pressure sensor.
If the cam surface that drives the hi press pump has a problem , that can affect performance. Unfortunately , the newer vehicles cannot always be diagnosed correctly or repairs made without knowing if the correct info is getting to the controlling areas. Suggest you have a shop that is up to speed on this and have them run the checks to really pin down the problem.. Once you have some idea of just what is or is not happening you might be able to consider doing the repair. Just replacing parts can get expensive and disappointing if the expense did not correct the problem.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
There is a little info that should be known before just replacing parts.
The hi press pump is controlled by a solenoid that regulates how much volume is allowed into the pump.
The better way to do this is to have the fuel system checked with a capable scan tool to determine Desired and Actual fuel pressure. That is affected by a fuel pressure sensor.
If the cam surface that drives the hi press pump has a problem , that can affect performance. Unfortunately , the newer vehicles cannot always be diagnosed correctly or repairs made without knowing if the correct info is getting to the controlling areas. Suggest you have a shop that is up to speed on this and have them run the checks to really pin down the problem.. Once you have some idea of just what is or is not happening you might be able to consider doing the repair. Just replacing parts can get expensive and disappointing if the expense did not correct the problem.
Thank you for the response. I did replaced the high pressure pump, fuel sensor and throttle body thinking it would fix it. Needless to say, those things did not work. I talked to a mechanic and he is suggesting what you are saying, to do a complete test on the fuel pumps (both high pressure and the one on the gas tank) since i am getting the P0092 and P00C9 codes. I am hoping to have the problem pin down so I can finally get this thing fixed. Thank you again.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:09 AM

There are certain requirements pertaining to fuel lines involving the hi press system. Once disconnected they are recommended to not be REUSED. There are reasons for this. Always best to do your homework before getting involved with late model fuel systems. The operating pressures can exceed a few thousand psi.

Old 01-11-2023, 05:25 PM
Default Need help with this issue

Does anyone know what the solution to this P0092 P00c9 issue is? I have had the dealer work on it with no success they replaced the ecm and everything was ok for about a week. When it did it again I applied nyogel dielectric grease to the ecm pins and it was fine for Barbour another week. I can’t use the car the way it is and refuse to put more money in it at the dealer. If anyone knows how the original post got fixed please tell me. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2023, 01:00 PM

Because most folks don't return to tell us what solved their vehicle's fuel or other problem, we can only guess and that isn't worth much.

Also, take note of the date on the posts, quite a while ago. Maybe it was corrected , maybe they traded it for another vehicle, don't know.