General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Fuel gauge problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 04:00 AM

OK, now we know there is adequate talent looking at the problem
As a retired E-7 also I feel much more comfortable accepting from fellow trained personnel and will leave it there.
Thank You both for your service.
Will monitor and maybe can offer some helpful suggestions. With all this talent , how can we go wrong?
Most folks with Buicks don't usually work on their own vehicles, but as you know there are exceptions.
Happy hunting !

Old 10-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Thumbs up

Roger on that also Hanky and thank you too on military service. I only do things these days I think I can get away with or not screw up too much. If I have enough confidence and think I can do, try it once. OK at carpentry but it takes me forever. My wood shed, only took two summers but did it.

Last edited by Rich B.; 10-18-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:39 PM

I always laugh when we get started on the things we screwed up. I have to rank up there with the rest. Used to visit relatives up in Scowhegan on Rt 47, always enjoyed visiting up there. As you can see , I screwed up the spelling of the town.
There is something to it because a certain amount of satisfaction is obtained in trying to help with automotive problems. I enjoy reading your posts and I'm sure you have helped a lot of people.
Now I need to go and get some wood inside before we really get some snow instead of just a dusting.
Thank you for all your help and advice , It is appreciated.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:48 PM

Thanks on your positive reflection of my posts, know just enough to get in big trouble. Never was an auto mechanic but always on the outside looking in the window. Did all my own things though as I only had myself to cuss out that way. I can tell from your posts though you have an extensive background in the automotive field. Also always look forward to your writings.

But wait, not entirely true. Did have the 63W MOS with the Army (wheeled vehicle mechanic) but was for instructional purpose. Still remember the time changing the transmission on a 2 1/2 ton down to Aberdeen Proving Grounds (school). Jacked up and mounted, told students to get away from it as we removed jack. 5 seconds later it falls out on the floor as the threads were completely stripped on retainer bolts from so much training and in and outs. Would of killed somebody for sure, that hit the pavement with one solid thump from about 3' above. Oh well, the good news was on display was that huge German cannon that ran on railroad track, think it was named Leopold? I was actually an 11B (infantry). Can't upload photos, new format here.

Last edited by Rich B.; 10-19-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:46 AM

Speaking of 2 1/2 ton GMC, , Was fortunate to being sent to truck driving school and when we got back the first day all we heard was , "You guys drive these things like you paid for them, drive them like they were built to run". Well the second day I learned a 2 1/2 can plow down a tree 6 in in diameter and run right over it and our instructor was pleased.
I pity the poor guys in the motor pool that had to repair them although it didn't seem to do any damage, that I know of !
I have only seen pix of Leopold and that was enough.
I try not to get too personal over the net since there are people always looking for an opportunity to use the info.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:13 AM

Lol too, rode a few times in a 2 1/2, never drove one. Humvee no challenge with auto tranny. So right about Internet tampering. Left FB, that's perfect environment for tampering. Understand also never give correct birth date, address or even license plate on car photo (guilty there). Think I could do just fine without any computers. This world will definitely self destruct eventually.

Last edited by Rich B.; 10-19-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:00 AM

From the little bit that I am aware of,
Many sites claim to have good protection of personal info, but they still get hacked into, and We never know who is minding our computer aside from us.
Once you become aware of just what can be done with seemingly innocent info , I do all of my ordering over the phone hoping to at least know who I provided my card # to or phone # ,address as you mentioned.We learn to be skeptical after you see and hear what they do with your info. As we learned some wisdom with age and experience . most of us are a lot more careful than our younger generations that have yet to learn there are some not so nice people out there just waiting for you.