General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Service stabilitrak and traction control light.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Default Service stabilitrak and traction control light.

I have a 2008 CXL Enclave. That started flashing the warning light. I had to take it in for the recall on the lift gate to Korf the Buick dealer in Yuma, CO. So i thought i will get that fixed. Well $400.00 later they have replaced the the O2 sensor and Mass Flow Sensor. And it is still flashing the lights. When you turn the car of and back on, the warning lighr is off and within 40 miles it will come back on. I contacted Buick USA twice, no answer. Please help.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:27 PM

Let's see- wonder why those 2 items were changed unless same codes were showing. I'd go back to the dealer and ask them to explain as problem is still present. They shouldn't be replacing any parts unless they're valid with the trouble extracts.

Three other problem areas are the throttle position sensor, crankshaft/camshaft sensors (not sure which route our cars take, other one has 4 camshafts) and sometimes vaccum leak in the PCV system (gas cap?). If intermittent the CPU may not report at all or inaccurately. Not expert at all but have seen this happen with Buicks before, don't work on them or anything.

But if codes are for stability track and traction control as post title I'm really lost now? This might be ABS system- Low brake fluid?

Last edited by Rich B.; 03-05-2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Default Stabilitrak

Originally Posted by Rich B.
Let's see- wonder why those 2 items were changed unless those codes were showing. I'd go back to the dealer and ask them to explain as problem is still present. They shouldn't be replacing any parts unless they're valid with the trouble extracts.

Three other problem areas are the throttle position sensor, crankshaft/camshaft sensors (not sure which route our cars take, other one has 4 camshafts) and sometimes vaccum leak in the PCV system (gas cap?). If intermittent the CPU may not report at all or inaccurately. Not expert at all but have seen this happen with Buicks before, don't work on them or anything.

But if codes are for stability track and traction control as post title I'm really lost now? This might be ABS system- Low brake fluid?
Thank you for answer. I am lost with this problem, so are the dealership.
I Checked all fluids, all good.
i also noticed that as soon as the car kicks back a gear for a incline then the lights will come on and stay on untill i stop and turn the car off. And restart it again.

Had the car at the same dealership twice for the same problem. First time those were the only problem codes on there, thats why they rrplaced the 02 sensor and cleaned the mass airflow. I took it back for same reason, same codes were showing. This time they replaced the Mass air flow. A month later when i took the car out same thing again. $400.00 later same problem is still there.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:23 AM

Yes, I would of done the same thing. Tranny comes to mind now with the shifting program(s). Wonder if a computer reboot is in order? Would have to disconnect battery for awhile and not sure if Buicks respond to driving habits for relearn or not. Will also clear stored codes if no longer present (my experience anyways).

Keep other car on trickle charger through winter months. If battery dies relearn is required along with driving habits. A pain to say the very least and 2 different "tunes" (CPU operating characteristics). Not trying to change subject but I'm in novice mode with Buick, only senior member because I post a lot lol.