Electra/Park Avenue Buick's full size premium car manufactured between 1959 and 1990

Can not get pulse to fuel injector wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 05:19 PM

Changed cam shaft sensor and have 40 psi on fuel pressure gage, checked all the relays and fuses, the darnthing is the car will start when starting fluidsprayed down the breather, whichI know I have spark, any Ideas? I sure would appreciate any help.

Got it going, wiring connecter problem, my brothers car, after we got into a discussion about some wires he taped up, we tried wiggling the cable and it started, but not before it got a new computer, thanks for the replys, its been two months& his wife needed the car.Edited by: Sweeper11

Old 09-30-2006, 10:50 PM

Check for codes.
<br style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">HOW THE INJECTORS WORK</span>

The correct resistor pellet on the key enables the fuel injection system.
Then the theft deterent module passes a 40-60 Hz signal to the pcm after the key is verified.
<br style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">The remainder of the circuit</span>

The book shows the negative side of the injector is a direct connection to the PCM module.
There is a 10A fuse in the relay center providing high voltage side of the fuel injector with 12V.
The other side is a control grounding low side which completes the circuit for a pulse by the PCM.

The PCM calculates pulse width (mixture) to the injectors via sensors and timing from the Camshaft sensor.

Im thinking the key is wrong..

Old 10-10-2006, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

the key, are you serious??? well glad to see u found the prob. is she runnin like she used to now?