Electra/Park Avenue Buick's full size premium car manufactured between 1959 and 1990

94 Ignition Coil

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:45 PM

i replaced my Ign. Coil in Feb. but recently i replaced it four days ago because one of the metal things (?) stopped sparking, evreything was ok for about 30minutes after i installed the new one but on my way home it started runing rough agin so i checked that coil that i replaced and it wasnt giving no sparks agin. After checking the coil i replaced it agin thinking maybe the just gave me a bad one, but after i installed the new coil it stopped sparking agin!!!! i just replaced my spark plugs and wires also!! is there something that could be killing that coil??someone please help!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

prob the ign control module. have it tested. and also clean the contact between the icm and the bracket.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:58 PM

so its possible that the control module would be working for the other five coils but not for that one?

Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

other five coils??? you only have 3 coils total. and you said you tried a total of 2 new ones. maybe im not understanding something.

but, did you check spark in the front 3 cylinders? or just the cyl thats giving you trouble?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:34 AM

yeah im sorry there are only three coils but each coil has two medal things sticking up from them (not sure what u call them). i checked the other coils and they are working fine, even on the bad coil its only one (medal thing) thats not sparking. And yes i replaced it twice

Old 10-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

how are you checking for spark?

i dont see how one half of a coil would fire. that doesnt make much sense. real head scratcher.that coil is still one coil. itfires 2 cylinders at the same time. idk how only one would fire and not the other.

do you have a ses light coming on

Old 10-02-2007, 12:42 AM

well took it to the mech. and it turns out the spark plug wires were not routed right!!! so thats fixed, but the car keeps turning of on me out of nowhere! the guy says there was a code (3014?) and that it could possible be a sensor?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

incorrect routing would not stop the coil from firing.

did you check for spark? or did the mechanic?

and was that code po14? not 100%, but i think thats the dtc for the coolant sensor. that would not shut ur engine off. maybe runn poor at worst case.

i would still have your icm tested.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 PM

the coil problem is fixed but my car continues to cut off on me while driving, it starts right back up but it continues to die on me. What could cause this and does a crank or cam sensor sound right?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

cam sensor, definitely not. and the experiance ive had with crank sensors failing was a no start situation. have not seen an intermittant crank sensor problem.

as previously stated, i would take off, clean and test your icm.

Quick Reply: 94 Ignition Coil