Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within...

Lucas Quick mist and tire shine.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 06:44 AM
Talking Lucas Quick mist and tire shine.

I got turned on to Lucas quick spray wax auto detailer last spring when we picked up the Buick from the paint shop. This stuff is quick and easy to apply and protects the paint very well.

I start on the roof mist it on then useing a micro fiber colth wipe it on/in woring to the hood then the trunk once I have the fairly flat surfaces done, I work on the rear panal below the trunk lid then the sides.

Our Buick has those narrow white strip tires on it and finding a good tire black was a challange. Seemed like every thing I tried would leave black streaks on those side walls on the drive to a show if I applied the stuff at home, or on the way home if I applied it at the show and drove home.

Never knew Lucas had a tire shine till a store near us had a sale on it in a mail flyer.

I went and bought a bottle to try out. I used a tire white wall bleach to clean the white walls. Once i had them clean and they were dry I sprayed on the Lucas tire slick mist. Wiped it with a spounge after spraying it on. then let it set for a couple hours before driving it at speeds up to 70 MPH. Returned home and was surprized there were no black streaks on the white walls.

How ever I found I like to apply it at the show. Have gotten really fussy about the tires, many a person has asked what I use as it appears there is a shiny plastic sheld on them.
I also use a sponge to spray the slick mist on and rub the tire treads down so even the tread part of the tires shines.

I still use Turtle chrome polish, about once a month at home to remove any bugs or other crap that gets on the chrome from the road. Once it has been cleaned I use the Lucas slick mist on it.

Name:  rQBDlMG.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  2.46 MB

Name:  jp7ZAor.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  2.71 MB

I use this stuff on my every day driver Pick up also.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 03-07-2019 at 06:49 AM.