Go Back   Buick Forum - Buick Enthusiasts Forums > Past Productions > LeSabre
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM

Default A/C compressor clutch or bearing replacement

1995 LeSabre, 3.8 L limited. I bought a reman compressor and it didn't last 10 months. The pulley is squeaking and got a little wobble to it, so I'm going for the bearing (I hope). I should have known better since when I first looked at it I saw grease in corners painted over and when it was running it wasn't running quiet. When it pumped the sound coming from it sounded like a light "rapid clacking sound" like the clutch bars were loose and finally, it started squeaking. What I want to do is take it apart and I expect to find that the thing is carrying the original bearing, like they didn't remanufacture the thing at all. I had a big argument with the guy at the home office of the company. If I find what I think I'll find I want to send it to him to hang on his office lamp. So what I need now is a blow up of the compressor with disassembly and assembly instructions and if someone could recommend a source for such instructions, I will be grateful.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:19 PM

I have a 1994 Buick LeSabre shop manual. The compressor shown for that year is an HD6/HR6-HE air conditioning compressor. It really doesn't get into the inside guts of the compressor, but it does show a breakdown of most of the compressor. The instructions are on 11 pages both sides with some pictures of course. I presently have no way to copy /scan the pix , but will see what I can do to help you. Maybe if you Google the model of the compressor you may be able to get what you are looking for.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:38 PM

I'm not concerned about the inside, I just want to get at the clutch and bearing. I'm pretty sure it's the same model that you mentioned. It's remanufactured by Four Seasons and the two numbers that I can get off of it are: B7958 and 251216. I don't know if that will help, but I'm pretty sure about the model.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 AM

VanBuren,

Since I'm at work I don't really have access to any repair manuals that would feature an extensive diagram of the A/C compressor clutch along with instructions on how to disassemble it; however, I was able to locate a simple illustration on http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/Page_Pro...xID=GM09221H01. Simple click on the "Get Info" button to the right of "Parts Listing" and then a window will pop up with a Parts Illustration prompt. Press the GO button then the diagram will pop-up. I hope that this helps you in some way!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Thanks Buick Bag. I made a copy, it's exactly what I was looking for. Bob
Old 06-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Tags
1994, 1995, 2000, 94, ac, bearing, bearings, buick, century, clutch, compressor, grand, lesabre, national, replace, replacement