LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

05 lacrosse dies while driving

Old 02-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Default 05 lacrosse dies while driving

Hi. New here. My fiances car had shut down while she was driving it. She said it said disableing engine and said low power when it died. also engine light is flashing. Now it wont start. She told me the clock is showing but thats bout it. This has happened in the past a few years ago. Please help. Thanks. Mike.

Last edited by Lacrosse05; 02-19-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 AM

It would help if you clarified just what happens when you state "no start".
Does the starter try to start the engine?
Does nothing happen when you turn the key to start. Need more info.
Do the headlights at least try to work?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM

Hey. Sorry. I had to get more info. It would not even crank there are lights but thats bout it. It finally started but now same thing happened.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Just from the little info you provided, I would suggest either you or have someone check the battery cables and the cable connections.You need to remove the cables to see any corrosion especially the positive cable. GM cars are known for that.
If you want to keep me informed , I will try to assist you OK, Thanks!

Old 02-27-2011, 07:57 PM

Hey. Had someone check that and they said the cables were fine. The place who is looking at the car is stumped to what is wrong. I still have no clue. They said they even called a dealer to see what could be wrong. It makes no sence to what could be the problem.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:32 PM

Heres more info. There are no codes in the system. The repair shope said he talked to a guy at a chevy dealer and said he only encountered an issue lime this once. And said somehing bout the throttle body, gas pedal sensor and steering harness may need to be replaced. And it be like a grand for the repairs. Hope this more info will help.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:52 PM

Something is puzzling me. If I understand what you said previously, the only thing working was the clock. Is that correct? There are many things that could cause the engine to quit running. What we don't know is whether it is fuel , electrical or some other cause. According to what you told us , the car quit and refused to even crank when you turned the key to the start position. If that's true then you have experienced a complete loss of electricity for even the starter to operate and yet you did have headlights functioning. Does the vehicle have any kind of anti-theft system?
A very simple thing to do is check all the fuses as a first step. Not knowing what your capabilities are, limits what I can ask you to do in order to check this further.
I seriously don't think you need to replace any kind of wiring harness and the gas pedal sensor would not cause the vehicle to shut down completely.
If you are not able to handle the work I would strongly suggest taking it to a Buick dealer because it sounds a little fishy with the things they are proposing.