LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

1992 LaSabre several issues/problems can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Exclamation 1992 LaSabre several issues/problems can anyone help?

my 1992 baby has been good to me only in the last few months having multiple problems. Here are the problems:
  1. Cannot open front and rear passenger windows from drivers side only the passenger can roll their window down with their button, same goes for the driver. These are electric windows four push buttons on the drivers side one for each passenger front and back.
  2. Radio stopped working can only hear static/humming noise. Cannot see the green number of the radio station when the radio is turned on.
  3. Blower stopped working for the heater and air conditioner. So no heat or air conditioning because fan (blower) isn't working.
  4. The car when in motion can make a popping sound/hesitation when taking off.
  5. left blinker always works, right blinker works sometimes.
  6. Headlights work all the time.
Can anyone help?

Last edited by ole_school; 10-03-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:03 PM

Suppose we take these according to #. Take a #, ,, just kidding!
1. Good possibility the switch assembly on the driver's door needs to be replaced.
2. Two possibilities ,check all the fuses, then the antenna connections.
3. In the last step you may have found a defective fuse that controls the blower motor.
4.Where does the popping sound seem to be coming from? Front ,rear, under hood ,,car???
5. One of the bulbs for the right side, front or rear has a poor connection or is on it's way out.
6. Not clear- do you mean when not even turned on?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM

My '95 lesabre has the same problem with the windows. I think its that the switch is dirty and its not making the connection right. It works sometimes and other times not at all or hardly at all. My uncle has owned a few and he says that to fix that is to take it completely apart and clean it. Not necessarily to buy a whole new part.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 PM

Not knowing the capabilities of many people , it is difficult to suggest taking some switches apart because some can be quite a pain to put back together. On the other hand if you can't locate a replacement you have no other choice.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:34 AM

4.Where does the popping sound seem to be coming from? Front ,rear, under hood ?
hanky the popping sound comes from under the hood (front) we replaced those three black boxes I don't know what they are called on the outside of the motor to the left side. I did see moisture around the plugs. And it looks like there is leakage around the volve cover.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Headlights work all the time.
6. Not clear- do you mean when not even turned on?
No I meant no problems with headlights and parking lights when in use, they shut off when I shut them off and turn on when I turn them on.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:52 PM

Now we start gettin down to business.
The popping sound, Could it be the oil cooking on the exhaust manifold?
When do you get the popping and what is the car doing when it happens?
Could the leakage be anti freeze?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Update:

refer to my first post:
1. #1 not concerned about it right now, still have same problem.
2. #2 Radio,lighter, and warning signal that beeps when you left keys in ignition all work now, bad fuse inside under dash replaced.
3. #3 It was the motor, bought a new one problem fixed, except air doesn't flow out of vents the way it should, but have heat and defrost now.
4. #4 Still have popping sound
5. #5 Still the same, no change with the blinkers
6. #6 Headlights still work

ok now I have a new problem occurring The belt (serpentine belt) on my pullies on the side of the motor, has come off twice so far, each time it did it was raining, went through a big puddle first time it happened, second time it happened didn't go through no puddle. The air conditioner has always made a strange noise, I believe it is the compressor could this be making the belt come off? Or I found some information here because I recently did start hearing a chirping sound (a new sound) so what do I ask for when going to the parts store, what kind of pulley do I ask for? http://www.10w40.com/articles/mainte...ine-belt-noise

Last edited by ole_school; 12-07-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: add link
Old 12-09-2011, 04:46 AM

Before I go making a lot of suggestions, have you solved any of the problems with the belt yet?

Old 12-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hanky
Before I go making a lot of suggestions, have you solved any of the problems with the belt yet?
What he said. How long/far has the car gone each time w/o belt?

Quick Reply: 1992 LaSabre several issues/problems can anyone help?