Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

brake line-hose connection

Old 05-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Default brake line-hose connection

Greetings! my 94 Century has a leak in the brake line that is not reaching the wheel and not internal(inspected twice). the leak was relatively small at first and actually i didn't know that it was brake fluid-thought it was an oil leak somewhere dripping on the exhaust and causing bits of smoke. the brake pressure was good. then all of sudden i had a fading brake pedal(still stops) and much more smoke when i stop and a burning smell. i checked the fluid level which was low and refilled. pressure was restored smoke remained and coupla days later fading pedal again. is it possible that the line-hose connection could come loose. i did notice that the low traction light would come on whenever i hit a bump. i've also noticed a slight pull in the right front tire that began around the time the pedal started the fading thing. not sure which line goes to that tire (coming from the master cylinder) and having an extremely difficult time locating a service manual. thanks for any input. peace and blessings!