Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

00 Century - Repairs

Old 09-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Default 00 Century - Repairs

Hello all, I'm trying to repair/upgrade my 2000 Century Custom.
1) I am wondering if the harness wiring to the cluster allows for a switch to the Regals "tach" inclusive cluster? Less than an hour upgrade if they match.
2) Where should I begin looking on my wiring harness for the wiring to install a sunroof motor, I know a lot of GM cars had the wiring for many of the options/upgrades already on standard harnesses, should I begin looking inside the dash or behind the headliner, did they stuff them in the corner pillars?
3) My steering wheel is disintegrating, after 186,000 miles it's time for a change, did the steering columns all come with the radio & cruise wiring behind the air bag or am I restricted to a no frills replacement wheel which is what is currently installed?
4) Time for a new carpet & headliner, any recommendations on reputable fitting replacements or things I need to watch out for during installation?
5) Looking into replacing some cabin trim with the fake wood finish interiors for the dash, console and door trim. If someone has already replaced them, how do they wear over time and do they seem to fit within the OEM tolerances(don't pop out everytime the weather changes)?
6) Upholstery....well, I guess I'll work on numbers 1 through 5 over the next year or so first before I try to tackle a change from cloth to leather, after all, there are still a few things under the hood and a new set of front wheel hubs which need to be addressed by next spring too.
Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Last edited by robemac; 10-06-2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Was too long and vague.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Default 00 Century Repairs

ДА Century Child - один из лучших альбомов группы, чего стоит появления Марко и такие ГИГА песни как Еnd of all hope и Dead To The World
шланги

Old 08-12-2013, 12:30 AM

i can maybe shed some light on the harness for the regal tach situation, i tested a regal cluster in my 99 century and the tach worked fine with the original harness, down side is that you cant changed the settings on the DIC(driver info center) without the needed harness for the extra switch. Let me do some searching on my computer and see if i can find a list of compatible years cars for you grab the wiring harness out of. with mine it needs to be either a 99-00 regal with either manual climate control or electric CC. I have the blend doors if i plan to swap over to the digital CC. my steering wheel didnt come with the controls, as i cant help with that, i did swap over the covers that the window switches are in over to the wood grain one as some centuries had this as a option. i took my century to the next level and took some regal body parts and a good bit of the interior and changed mine over.

Search this Thread