LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

eAssist Gas Milage

Old 08-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Default eAssist Gas Milage

We have a 2012 Buick Lacrosse with the 4 cylinder eAssist engine. It is rated to get 25 city, 29 all around, and 36 highway. We first noticed the on-board computer always gave us low gas mileage readings. We are now doing our own calculations. We are only getting 22 all around and have checked this in two tanks of gas. I have seen a lot of actual gas milage claims on the 6 cylinder but almost nothing on the 4 cylinder eAssist. It is being driving lightly so there is no reason not to be getting reasonable gas mileage.

After another tank we are plan is first to go to the dealer and see if they find anything wrong. If there is nothing wrong we will then to go to Buick to get some resolution. It is still under warranty.

Please let us know about your eAssist gas mileage experience.

Old 12-21-2016, 05:44 PM

Indeed, don't believe with a 4 cylinder in a large car one will be able to get anything for mileage unless it's all highway with overdrive engaged. We're currently at 24MPG with our 6 cyl. with no highway mileage at all lately.

Same issue with wife's PT Cruiser w/4 cylinder. All we could do was 24MPG with that and they weren't good at all on snow and ice. She had 2 of them and about the same for economy or lack there of. Now we had 2 Ford Fiestas and they would get 34MPG around town and 42MPG highway. Those were small cars though, they were great.

Bought our LaCrosse because we're retired now and no further commuting or business requirements of vehicle(s). Oh too, my Boss Mustang (302CID hi-output) is getting an easy 26MPG highway/city combo, driving normally of coarse.

Last edited by Rich B.; 12-23-2016 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Can't spell it appears.