Verano Buick's new compact car based off the Chevrolet Cruze

Buick Verano Press Release

Old 10-27-2011, 05:20 PM
IB Staff
Default Buick Verano Press Release

Buick Verano: Product Features
• Buick’s first luxury sedan designed to compete in the compact luxury segment against traditional entries such as the Lexus IS 250
• Standard Ecotec 2.4L direct injected and six-speed automatic powertrain enables an estimated 31 mpg on the highway
• Fuel-saving electric power steering system
• Quiet Tuning elements, including sound-absorbing material and thicker acoustic laminated glass, make Verano one of the quietest vehicles in the segment
• Z-link rear suspension is lightweight and compact, enhancing fuel economy and maximizing trunk space, while delivering responsive rear suspension control
• Safety features include 10 standard air bags, anti-lock brakes, full-function traction control, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response. An additional safety feature available on 1SG and 1SL models is rear parking assist.
• Available Buick IntelliLink uses Bluetooth or USB to connect the driver’s smart phone to a seven-inch LED high-resolution, full-color touch screen display radio that enables streaming stereo audio from the phone through services like PANDORA® Internet Radio and Stitcher SmartRadio® or any Bluetooth media device.
2012 Buick Verano: Highlights
Buick Verano delivers key luxury features and characteristics found in the Buick LaCrosse, in an efficiently packaged, right-sized vehicle for the compact luxury market. It is the brand’s third all-new model in the past two years and the first in the compact luxury segment.

Verano is the latest model in a Buick product renaissance that began with the Enclave and continued with the LaCrosse and Regal. Like them, Verano is distinguished by luxury and technology, including 10 standard air bags, an available heated steering wheel and a Buick IntelliLink radio system with Bose Premium Audio and OnStar-powered connectivity that enables seamless communication between the Verano and the driver’s smartphone.

The all-new Buick IntelliLink system uses Bluetooth or USB to connect the driver’s smartphone to a seven-inch , LED high-resolution, full-color touch screen display radio. IntelliLink expands on Buick’s current Bluetooth and USB capabilities to allow smartphone control via voice activation and steering wheel-mounted controls. It also enables streaming stereo audio from the phone through services like PANDORA® Internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio®.

Most importantly, Buick IntelliLink enables seamless integration of stowed portable devices with each vehicle’s infotainment system, allowing drivers to keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

Verano is designed to be the quietest compact sedan on the road, while delivering a responsive driving experience. An Ecotec 2.4L direct injected with six-speed automatic powertrain combination is standard and delivers 180 horsepower (136 kW), enabling 0-60 mph performance of 8.6 seconds and an estimated 31 mpg on the highway. A 2.0L turbo engine will be offered in the future.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:43 AM

Hopefully will see a few more posts about the Verano in the near future .. Pleased with mine for now but have not had it all that long yet .. Time will tell, could possibly upgrade to a bigger Model, but for the time being, happy with what I have ..

Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 AM

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.i have red your blog and wish it again.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rayjhon740
Have you seen a Chevy Cruze? That's what the Buick Verano is based on.
The Cruze and Verano are like Ford Crown Victoria and Lincoln Town Car with the exception of drivetrain isn't the same. Our Cruze has a Diesel option and rumors of a Diesel Verano are out there.

Originally Posted by andrew61
How small is the '12 Buick Verano compared to the '08 Buick LaCrosse?
How small is the 2012 Buick Verano compared to the 2008 Buick LaCrosse?
A lot smaller. I would say 2010 malibu vs 2010 Impala especialy backseat legroom. The trunkspace for the cruze/verano is same as the current model Malibu.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 PM

That's an elegant looking car even though post is back to 2011. I guess for the most part they don't change drastically every year. Looks a lot like our '16 LaCrosse, lines even wheels very similiar.