Century Buick's mid sized affordable sedan

99 century cooling fans wont come on

Old 09-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Default 99 century cooling fans wont come on

recently after fixing a coolant leak with the timing cover, and went to drive it around and drives great, no leaks but when it gets to temp the fans don't come on, and the SES light is on for the 2nd coolant fan thats for the ac. I've tested the relays and seeing if the fans are good. both check out good, even replaced the CTS coolant temp sensor. they still don't come on when the car gets to temp which is why i havent drove it since i noticed they didn't come on. I went to the dealership and for a fee they can put her on a machine to pinpoint what exactly is wrong with her and if its something i can fix myself. so while i'm saving up for that, can anyone on here help or shed some light as to what else may be causing it or any known problems that these have and that i may have overlooked? thanks chris

Old 09-12-2013, 05:11 PM

You would be surprised what we find when we go over our work and check each assembly step. If you didn't have the problem prior to repairing the leak it has to be something you either put in the wrong place or just overlooked. Something simple like a ground wire overlooked can take you for a real ride. Just take and double check every step you disconnected and reinstalled ,hopefully you will find something.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:39 PM

i checked everything over and found nothing out of sorts, so today i dropped her off at the dealership to be put on there machine to pinpoint whats causing them not to come on. im hoping its something minor that i can repair/replace so i can get her inspected/tagged

Old 09-18-2013, 02:14 PM

I would be reasonably sure if you did not specify not to repair the problem , you won't have to worry about any kind of minor repair that you can repair because they will probably do it.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:56 PM

well i got the car back after they found the problem and since it was simple as a fuse that i overlooked they put it in, but charged me an extra 20 for that so all in all im out 119.85 which isn't bad, so not its time to get it inspected at put a tag on her in the next few days. today i spent chaning the radio and put my HID's back in her. no need for using brights at night now lol.