Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Buick Forum Chat

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

I'm waiting on my 2nd axle recall so I can drop the factory trans fluid for Amsoil full synthetic fluid. If the price was right I hope she got a 2LT at least, value of these things drop fast. Speaking of trans fluid I take it you found out there is no dipstick in the manual or automatic trans. You may need to swap that fluid out real soon, both auto and manual trans burns up factour fill fluid in less than 30K miles. the MPG is gonna be difrent as 12 and up got a better shifting trans. I'll probably just send you a PM on what to look for so I don't post a novel here in a chat forum.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't really had a chance to look it over good yet. The weather hasn't really been too nice. The only nice days are days that one or both of us are working.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2k2cse
I haven't really had a chance to look it over good yet. The weather hasn't really been too nice. The only nice days are days that one or both of us are working.
You get my PM? It didn't want to send when I tried a few times.

Pretty much if the car didn't catch fire by now or smell like coolant on the inside you should be fine. Coolant was the overflow tank or cap not perfectly round or the 3 different leaking water pumps. The fire is from quick lube shops being sloppy pouring the oil from the oil filter down the side of the engine and trans letting it pool under the exhaust trying to rush you in and out of the shop. The fix for that was hack the shield up so the oil pours down the side of the engine and all over the ground and oil change pit. If you open the hood, look down and see ground, you've been hacked. The Verano is the same car and has the same unmodified shield. If you follow the oil change instructions by just loosening the cartridge a little but and then pull drain plug, the Verano shield is worth it. The drain plug will pill the oil out the filter housing making it not get all over the place when you swap the filter and o ring. Verano shield is also best as the salt and water is slung all over the engine bay in the winter with the hacked up shield business.

Last edited by Merc6; 04-18-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

I just had a chance to look at the PM.

Luckily it hasn't caught fire and it doesn't smell like coolant inside.

I did not know that about the oil filter! I only had maybe 2 Cruzes come in for oil at work, so I've never really noticed that. That is a good tip though, and probably applies to the other cars with the cartridge filter. Seems like it's almost impossible to change the filter without making a bit of a mess. haha

Old 05-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

How is everyone doing?