LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

1995 Buick Lesabre vent function not working in heat or cool.....

Old 09-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Default 1995 Buick Lesabre vent function not working in heat or cool.....

Is there a selonoid that controls the vent option on the ac and heat option on a 1995 buick lesabre? I tried every option.... the heat or ac will NOT come out of the face level vents no matter what i TRY.... FLOOR VENT AND DEFROST VENT YES, WE HAVE FLOW, NOT THE FACE LEVEL VENT!!! WHY???????

Old 09-13-2013, 06:35 PM

I believe you have what are called vacuum motors that are controlled by vacuum which is directed to a diaphram motor and these vacuum chambers will position a link to place a directional door in the passages so the air is directed to the location selected .
Sometimes the doors get stuck and will eventually free themselves, sometimes there is not enough vacuum available to move the door . Since all the other functions are working correctly I think that would eliminate the possibility of a vacuum leak.
What you might try is to set the control to the desired position and with the engine running of course, rap the top of the dash a few times and see if that frees it to move.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 AM

I agree that rapping on the dash might work as it is a 1995. Could it Be the door actuator? It seems to be stuck in defrost and foot vent mode in heat or ac. not even sure hoe to got to the door actuator. Nightmare

Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 AM

jUST FOUND 3 AC DELCO PART NUMBERS THAT MIGHT OFFER A SOLUTION BUT NOT SURE WHAICH ACTUATOR i NEED?
1573289, 1573286, 1571895. I don't believe the blend door actuator is the probleM ANYMORE. i BELIEVE IT'S ONE OF THESE ACTUATORS THAT IS CONTROLLED BY VACUUM, AS YOU STATED EARLIER. Don't know which one controls the "vent" face vent option. As i said earlier, defrost windshield vent works floor vent works, heat comes out hot and ac comes out cold, both heat and cold ids working, just wont flow through the face level vents. Would like to find these vacuum powered actuators listed above.... thanks

Old 09-14-2013, 03:19 PM

I wouldn't go ordering any parts just yet until you confirm whether the solenoid that opens the path for the vacuum to the bi-level vacuum valve is working. You most likely will need to remove the glove box to access or just look if the vacuum valve/chamber is getting vacuum or not. When different positions are selected different vacuum chamber/valves will operate. Watch for the one that doesn't move and maybe you can see if it is stuck or is just not getting vacuum. You should confirm no operation before ordering any parts.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:45 AM

i agree. Will check things out first. appreciate all ur help.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:49 PM

Is there a vacuum canister/container in front of the passenger side tire? I am trying to inspect all vacuum lines. Should I be checking the vapor canister as well. Maybe a diagram of the system would be helpful. thanks

Old 09-17-2013, 10:57 AM

I found the problem!!!!!!!!!!
The 2- way vacuum valve was cracked. Replaced it along with all emission hoses and the air blows nice through the vents! Without your help I would have paid $300-$500 in labor fees!! Thanks guys!
Next problem
Harmonic Balancer is shot, making crazy loud noises, no clue how to change? Any suggestions?? Thanks Again!!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Default 1995 Buick Lesabre vent function, etc.

I have a 1995 LeSabre Limited. Had exactly the same problem. I checked all of the vacuum and there was no problem there. Pull the glove box open past the rubber stops and you will expose the heater compartment and you can take the cover off to view the hoses. See if any have crimps or are disconnected. I did that and didn't see anything like that. On top of the heater enclosure is a lever assembly which, I found, when you move it back and forth, you can manipulate the flow of the air to the vents. I did this so I can get heat in the car. Then, one day I went out and put the heater on and everything worked fine. I don't know the real reason, but I have been told that if you disconnect the battery at any time to do work, it can affect the operation of the heater a/c vent.s Which I can't confirm. So, meanwhile all I can do to help you is to pass on the info about the lever on top of the box.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Thanks for the update and info guys !!