Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

99 GS Funky headlights and ignition

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:03 PM

Hello, I have 99 Regal GS and I believe has two seperate problems but maybe could be one?? First thing, the headlights will just quit from time to time. The brights will only work if you pull back the lever and hold it there. After it clicks and you release you have no light. Click it back and release again and the lows will come back on. Sometimes the low beams won''t and you have to click it a few times. On rare occasions it will all work great. Seems to not last long. Is there a relay that could be causing this??? Or is it more likely a wire in the switch? The switch seems to feel alright.

The other problem is the ignition. Obviously it''s wore out because you can pull the key out at any time if it''s running or not. Which is no big deal to me but sometimes you can''t get the ignition to turn all the way to off. It catches somewhere leaving some dash lights on. You really have to wiggle the key to get it to turn back. I''m not sure what''s all in the ignition. Do I need to buy a whole new one or just an ignition cylinder or is there an easier fix or part?? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks