New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Member needing help ASAP Interior lights flashing on & off when driving & when o

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Default New Member needing help ASAP Interior lights flashing on & off when driving & when o

Our 1996 Park Ave is having it's interior lights flash on and off when I am driving and when the car is off at night in the garage.

Thinking it might be the switch that controls the lights in the door. BUT, can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where this switch, latch, or other part might be located in the door?...and if it is a part # for it?

Old 01-06-2020, 02:26 PM

Hey there thanks again. Yea no crank like I said earlier. I can hear the relay click quietly with the hood open when i try to crank it. Cant find this prob, its frustrating. I hear the fuel pump btw but like i said no crank. Such a good, nice clean car it is and I dont want to give up on it.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:52 PM

Most of the time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the start signal comes from the 1-ign sw 2= down to the neutral safety sw 3- down to the starter itself.
I cannot tell from here where the signal is getting lost or is even being sent without verifying power is coming from the ign sw , check for it at the neutral safety sw, or verify it is present at the starter solenoid/starter. This can be confirmed with the use of a voltmeter or a test lite. Fast and easy to do.