New Member Area Are you new to Buick Forum?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Carfax Cheat

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Default Carfax Cheat

Hey Guys, I I bought a vehicle that had front end damage from a collision, which wasn't disclosed by the seller. And he’d shown me a CARFAX report, which also didn't show any accident records — the car was absolutely clean according to it. However, I ran a report on another website, epicvin.com, and it showed that the car was in an accident and then repaired. I don't know why this information wasn't disclosed by CARFAX, but now I'm aware that CARFAX isn’t a service that can be trusted, and I won't use it again.
I just wanted to share my story, hoping it'll prevent you from making the mistakes i did.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:34 AM
Red face

Originally Posted by TomScheaffer
Hey Guys, I I bought a vehicle that had front end damage from a collision, which wasn't disclosed by the seller. And he’d shown me a CARFAX report, which also didn't show any accident records — the car was absolutely clean according to it. However, I ran a report on another website, epicvin.com, and it showed that the car was in an accident and then repaired. I don't know why this information wasn't disclosed by CARFAX, but now I'm aware that CARFAX isn’t a service that can be trusted, and I won't use it again.
I just wanted to share my story, hoping it'll prevent you from making the mistakes i did.
Wow! I cannot imagine that I am not the only person who has the same opinion
Do you know about epicvin service?
Thay have really good history reports , I checked my honda a while ago and really satisfied with the quality of the reports

Old 06-06-2022, 04:59 PM
Default Make your own research about the vehicle that you want to purchase

I' ve heard many stories of dealers giving false reports to people, in my opinion I think we should check the reports on our own to avoid those scams. I always check more than 1 report to make sure the information is correct.