LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Lights dim

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Default Lights dim

I have been having a "check engine" light on for some time now and a while ago, I had a scan done that showed three codes; PO341, PO321 and P1360 One had to do with the ICM another with the cam sensor and the other with the crank sensor. The ICM checked good and I put a new cam sensor in with no change, so now I am at the crank sensor which involves considerably more work and I hesitate since the car starts and runs and some times things happen that affect the operation. i.e. I ride along, check engine light on and then there is a slight jolt and the check engine light goes out but will come back on and some times there's a slight jolt, I see the dash lights come on momentarily and the odometer rushes up and then soon the ride is normal again, but with the check engine light still on. NEW DEVELOPMENT!. I had the event where as I ride along, I get that hesitation and see out of the corner of my eye the dash lights of the battery and the other things come on and along with that I see the head lights dim but again, that stops and I'm running again but still with the check engine light on. Would the lights dim if the crank sensor is going bad or for that matter, even if the engine quit and I had to pull over, would the lights go dim or out?