LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Installing New Speakers/Amp in 00 LeSabre

Old 08-24-2008, 09:39 AM

Howdy, first time post here.

I was curious about installing some new speakers into my Buick LeSabre LTD 2000, possibly a sub and amplifier as well. I was curious about a couple of things though. Does anyone know if it''''d be possible to keep the same car stereo unit, or is it wired in such "proprietary" that it needs to be replaced? Also, does anyone know of any guides that mention how to remove the car stereo?

I really would like new speakers, but I''''m kind of a fan of my current stack. All of the ones you can purchase in stores are too flashy.

Here''s what my car stereo looks like for reference:
http://www.pamsauto.com/pc-259850-15...io-lesabre-00- am-mono-fm-stereo-cassette-cd-player-up0-id-9384424.aspx

Thanks!

Edited by: sidepart

Old 08-25-2008, 07:29 AM

I don''t know about removing the stereo, but you can install new ones and keep your factory speakers too. If that''s what you were asking.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by bookie0116
I don''''t know about removing the stereo, but you can install new ones and keep your factory speakers too. If that''''s what you were asking.
I''m looking to replace the factory speakers, and potentially add a sub/amp for the sub. I''m not sure if I can connect an amplifier to the current stock car stereo though. Is this possible? Or would I have to purchase a new car stereo to be able to set that up?

I asked for a guide on removing the stereo/clock unit so that I could see for myself.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by sidepart
Originally Posted by bookie0116
I don''''''''t know about removing the stereo, but you can install new ones and keep your factory speakers too. If that''''''''s what you were asking.
I''''m looking to replace the factory speakers, and potentially add a sub/amp for the sub. I''''m not sure if I can connect an amplifier to the current stock car stereo though. Is this possible? Or would I have to purchase a new car stereo to be able to set that up?

I asked for a guide on removing the stereo/clock unit so that I could see for myself.
Oh yes you definately can do that. My subwoofers are hooked up to my factory radio right now and it still sounds good.