LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

Does This Confirm a failing Crank Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Default Does This Confirm a failing Crank Sensor

Greetings. Re: '95 LeSabrel 3.8L Limited.
As I've written in other posts on this forum, I have been having a "check engine" light on condition for a long time. I had a scan done a long time ago which revealed three codes; PO341, PO321, & P1360. Two of these had to do with the ECM & cam sensor and the other has to do with the crank sensor. The ECM checked out good and I replaced the cam sensor & have been questioning whether or not I have a bad or failing crank sensor. I understand that if the crank sensor was bad, the car wouldn't start but I am able to drive the car with intermittent happenings, i.e.: diving along the highway at about 55-60 the all of a sudden, there is a little bump and the odometer zooms up and the dash lights come on a the the car resumes to driving speed. Sometimes as i'm driving along, I feel a little bump again and the check engine light goes out and driving is good, but it comes back on again. I have mentioned all of that in the past and now I have a new thing to report; I started the car and the check engine light comes on as it always has and then, I rev it up and the light goes out but comes right back on again and I rev again and the same thing happened, so now I'm wondering what that means.