LeSabre Buick's flagship mid-sized luxury sedan

1994 Buick Lesabre Security?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:24 AM

The "security" warning light has came on in my buick for the last two days. Nothing worked any differently and the car drove fine. This morning I got in my car, started it, and it died in my driveway. Tried to restart and it would not crank. Still seemed like plenty of batter but would not turn over as it made a low clicking noise. Any thoughts or ideas on what this could be? Thanks for the help.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:53 AM

I'm not a car person but I did have 1993 Lesabre and had that problem. Your security system could be what's stopping your car from starting. I had to get that fixed 1st. At the time I had a copied key without the chip on it and the car still started til it finely wouldn't. After I got security system fixed it wouldn'tstart with that copied key I needed to use one with chip on it. Not saying that's your problem but it sounds the same. Like it was going bad and finally went out.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the response. The only thing leading me away from thinking that's it is that I have 2 keys and neither worked. I am thinking it may be the battery after all. Any experts on that bad batteries out there?

Old 11-14-2006, 02:20 PM

It does sound like your battery is dying or it's connections are loose/corroded. If its more than 3 years old and you have the money, I would replace it. If you're trying to save the money, pull the battery, clean it and the connections, top off with distilled water (not always possible), and reinstall. You may need to charge it for the initial start.

That'll probably fix it, but if not, we can make further suggestions.Edited by: MrBSS

Old 11-23-2006, 10:52 PM

Agree on battery... Security light can come on for wierd reasons with a bad power source..

The problem could be INSIDE the battery if your cables are clean and good. Some batterys have been known to fail only when hot. Somehow they disconnect inside and fail to charge while engine is running and engine compartment hot).. or short or you get somewhat good readings.

Itsgood to haveit either deep cycle checked or replaced since your dealing with a NO start condition.

The VATS (key)Security is a check to see if it the VATS wants to continue to allow fuel pulses AFTER it starts. Bad key, bad ignition switch, etc..

Good LUck

Good Luck