LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

abs and traction control idiot lights are on

Old 07-27-2015, 09:25 PM
abe
Default abs and traction control idiot lights are on

My '09 Lacrosse has the ABS and TC idiot lights on all the time. I can't get them to go out. I thought I had found the solution to the problem when I found no continuity on the green wire that goes from the right front wheel unit to the plugin by the brake system. Every other sensor wire had continuity, so I spliced in a new green wire on just this one. I momentarily unhooked the battery to reset everything, and then went for a drive. Still the 2 idiot lights are on. I have checked resistance on all 4 wheel sensors. I show about 1.4 ohms give or take on all 4, which I am told is good. I see no hanging wires anywhere. I assured myself that all connections are good with my ohmmeter. When I shut the car off, the message on the dash says "check ABS system" and then "Traction control off", to which pushing the TC button makes no difference. It still stays off. I believe that the problem is on the front wheels, because I have the TC light and the car is front wheel drive. I've only used TC once since I've had the car. Wife says get it fixed. Help!
abe

Old 07-25-2017, 08:35 PM

My 2010 LaCrosse had "check stabilitrac" and "abs" light on intermittently. Took it to Advance auto parts, they read the code with a code reader (lights were off at the time), said the right front wheel speed sensor was bad. Had one in stock for $27, changed sensor (very easy), lights have been out since.... HTH