LaCrosse Buick's new mid-sized luxury sedan

2014 Buick LaCrosse: water in trunk

Old 01-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Exclamation 2014 Buick LaCrosse: water in trunk

I have purchased a used 2014 Buick LaCrosse with only 15,800 mls on it. Great car, so far no issues! However, checked the spare wheel and discovered (rain?)- water on the bottom of the trunk, probably a little less than half a glass collecting at that lowest point of the cargo area ! Could not identify ANY bad seals from the inside or any other Problems indicating a previous damage (collision). The bottom left (drivers) side of that wooden cargopanel covering the spare wheel was wet (dripping water) in the left corner area underneath, needs drying. I then discovered some moisture to the left (above the spare wheel Level). Probably water dripping from there into the spare wheel area! Again no signs of any previous damage or indicators to where the water had intruded the cargo area. I then discovered a flexible plastic (pvc) hose which was hanging loose "into the air". Inspecting the other side after getting the trim Panel out of the way, I found that the same hose was attached to the tail light assembly (looking at it from the inside). The questionable hose goes to the front and then disappears upwards into the left trim. Attached it back into the left tail light assembly. -
Here is my question to the pros:
What is the purpose of this plastic pipe? Where does it go towards the front? Could rainwater have come from upwards down through that (till now disconnected) pipe and explain the moisture in the bottom of the trunk? Any other ideas? Is the issue known to any of you? Where else could I look for a damaged interior Body seal in this (almost new) Lacrosse? Any help and ideas are very much appreciated...

Thanks, Klaus
Frankfurt, Germany

Old 01-26-2016, 05:33 PM

can you post pic of this "hose". I have seen water leak on tail lamp of the new impala letting water into cargo area. Replace tail lamp seal on those

Old 02-01-2016, 11:51 PM
Smile Water issue resolved!

The issue with water dripping into my Lacrosse trunk is resolved obviously!
It has indeed been that loose hanging plastic pipe that comes from above in the back trunk area (both to the left and right) and needs to be stuck into a Silicone rubber seal in the chassismetal right behind the taillight assembly which drains the fluid to the outside.
Still very unusual, because rain water should not really run down right over or near the back side of the tail lamp with the possibility of moisture intruding into the LED- taillamp-assembly..... But I have finally manged to rule out other problem spots, there are no bad seals in the chassis at the floor of the trunk or at both sides.
The anwer is simply that someone playing in the trunk took that pipe out of that rubber seal while servicing something the back there and did not reconnect it at all. The consequence is known to all of us - water collecting in the inside of the trunk..(left side!).

Collected the water and area is dry again as from the factoriy!

So thanks to all and especially "bugeater" for tryin to help!
Will post a pic later today!

Again thanks for your Input and thoughts on this!

Klaus

Old 02-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Default photo of the plastic hose

Just in case it happens to someone else: here are three shots with one demonstrating where the hose Comes out of in the rear upper trunk area. If after a Service it is not beeing reconnected, what will drip into the trunk - you won`t know it because it is all Happening behind the cover.

So, ask any Service technician when working inside the trunk (eg. removing the taillight for replacing a bulb) if the plastic hose has been reconnected properly!

Klaus

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Buick LaCrosse: water  in trunk-img_5753.jpg   2014 Buick LaCrosse: water  in trunk-img_5735.jpg   2014 Buick LaCrosse: water  in trunk-img_5743.jpg