General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2004 Buick LeSabre Steering Wheel Switche

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 12:35 PM

I have a question relating to the "lighted" switches on the steering wheel of my 2004 Buick LeSabre. There are four (4) switches installed horizontally across the center of the steering wheel (Seek, Band/Scan, Temp., and Volume). Each of these switches is "lighted". There is also a "lighted" on/off cruise switch on the bottom of the steering wheel as well as a cruise "Restore/Accel/Set/Coast" switch.

Earlier this year the light in the "Temp Switch" quit working and the dealer replaced the switch. Now the lights in the "Seek" and Band/Scan" have quit working and so these switches also need to be replace. I also reported that the light in the "Restore/Accel/Set/Coast" quit working and was told that there is no light in this switch.

I have two questions:Is this a common problem with these switches or why might I be experiencing a problem with the lights in the switches? anddoes the "Restore/Accel/Set/Coast" switch have a light installed.