Hello ladies and gents,
The following is the proper procedure for replacing the Mass Air Flow Sensor (or MAF Sensor) on a '02 Park Avenue
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Remove the fuel injection sight shield.
- Disconnect the mass air flow (MAF) sensor electrical connector from the MAF sensor.
- Remove the screws that hold the MAF sensor to the throttle body.
- Remove the MAF sensor from the throttle body.
*diagram courtesy of gmpartsgiant.com; all rights reserved
- Install the MAF sensor to the throttle body.
- Install the screws that hold the MAF sensor to the throttle body. Tighten the screws to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect the MAF sensor electrical connector to the MAF sensor.
- Install the fuel injection sight shield.