Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

85 regal got a few bugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:43 PM

first and for most is the problem of once it gets to a cruising speed it begins to loose power. give it more throttle and the problem goes away and comes back a few minutes later. car has new plugs n wires,and fuel filter. im thinking it could be the fuel pressure regulator if the car has one.

the tranny is sloppy too. shifts are long and drug out. the only remedy for that would be a tranny flush and filter kit. or the inevitable - rebuild it.

and finally the steering is sloppy. it seems to have a lot of slack in it. not sure if they all do or if a sway bar may help it.

other than that. its minor squeks and rattles compliments of 22 yr old body seals. the interior is in fairly good shape. the carpet has rough spots but the seats are excellent for thier age. the paint is faded and chipping, but to be expected.

anyone have any ideas where i could start to fix the problems? and who makes performance parts for them. i wanted the car because it gets good fuel mileage, i don't want to harm that too bad. my truck drinks gas, even worse the way i drive!