Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

1998 Buick Regal GS Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:40 PM

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if there are any sites and or recomendations for service manuals that actually pertain to the series 2 3.8 ltr supercharged motor. I went to autozone (probably my first mistake [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]. I purchased a manual that stated it covered my wifes 98 regal (huh) what a joke! I just changed the waterpump (with no thanks to the manual). What happened is one of the tensioner pullies failed and the belts got wasted. I replaced all of the pullies and purchased 2 belts but 1 looks to be 2 short. I dont have the original as it is in pieces. I know the diagram on the passenger strut tower is there but seems a bit confusing before I make another run to parts house, I was hoping someone knows of where I can get some helpful information for my wifes car. I am a member of the buick v8 forum and I own a 1971 buick gs455. These newer cars are a little trickier![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] I would a appreciate any info for the 3.8 series 2 supercharged motors. P.S. the only help the owners manual had was a picture of the engine from a distance[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Steve Johnson

Old 01-19-2007, 12:28 AM

Often the superchargers series II
have similar engines. You would...could ask a dealer for the belt number.. giving him the VIN number..

I have a supercharged 3.8 Park Avenue.. proubbly similar engine but you never said the year model of the car..I think the series II came out on several cars . .trucks too..

www.automotiveforums.com is a good forum also.. or
You could string measure the pulleys.. till you get it right.

Good Luck.
Edited by: bassasasin