Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

Be Mindful of the Recall Regal Owners !!!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM

I hope everyone knows the recall that was in March of 2008 bor Buick Regals from 1999-2003. Unfortunately for me, my car was the victim of this recall:

The information about it includes: thebrakes can heat up so much to causea leak under the exhaust manifoldcreatinga small fire in the gas line.

Please take your car to a dealer and get this problem fixed! It could save your life.

This small fire totalled my car. Luckily my Mom and I had not stepped back in the car yet, as it happened when we were briefly parked. General Motors threw some old time law in my face, and selected to settle an amount of half the book value...$2,400.

Which leaves me with a Burned out shell of a car. However...

I still have good parts on the car...The back half is still good and much of the underneath!!! So tolessen my loss, I am parting out this car myself. If you know the best way to do this or if you are in need of car parts that I can sell you, please respond to this ad.

I have tried ebay and found thatmarket to be very slow needing specific Buick parts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:00 PM

As mechanics and technicians we used to blame the engineers for some of the dumb and stupid things done when the cars were built, but then we learned it's not really the engineer's fault, but the bean counter's fault. Why,? it was cheaper to build it with less concern for some things and multiply that by all the cars built and they received quite a bonus. Keeping that in mind when purchasing a new vehicle might help. Also, when a company refuses to stand behind it's product , it's time to consider a different manufacturer.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bryanfelts
I can't seem to understand why car makers keep on recalling a lot of vehicles. Why don't they check the car first and its parts thoroughly before letting it come out in the market to avoid or just minimize this recalls from happening. Buick should have let its workers or should have created a team that will ensure that the car got no problems and is ready for release. It is very risky for the customers who doesn't know that his newly purchased car got a problem and is not safe. It is also a hassle for them recalling a lot of cars and repairing those.
Reply above deleted in mass spam...

Originally Posted by hanky
As mechanics and technicians we used to blame the engineers for some of the dumb and stupid things done when the cars were built, but then we learned it's not really the engineer's fault, but the bean counter's fault. Why,? it was cheaper to build it with less concern for some things and multiply that by all the cars built and they received quite a bonus. Keeping that in mind when purchasing a new vehicle might help. Also, when a company refuses to stand behind it's product , it's time to consider a different manufacturer.
This. You also have the random BS recalls that were "Safety Issues" that really are common sense user error. like the Cadi recall for the glove box could injure a passenger who refuses to wear a seatbelt. Same for the hood ornaments that fail to retract when the driver of the car hits pedestrians.

Last edited by Merc6; 10-25-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Preserve message that was spam but no longer is.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM

There was quite a discussion a while back relating to why they put a speedometer on a car that went up to 120 MPH because there would always be some fool somewhere to see if it would really go that fast.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

LOL the after market community would let us do just that. My Subaru has no governor and my Marauder didn't have one either.