Regal (1973-2004) Buick's sporty mid-sized sedan

Remote Locks and Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:59 PM

I have a '92 LeSabre and I hope someone in the forum knows how to reprogram the vehicle to accept the sensor's signal since I happened to accidentally deprogram it, in my ignorance, by disconnecting the battery cables. If anyone knows, I would sureappreciate it if they could share that info with me.

Also, cruise control issues: I have problems with the cruise control cutting out- sometimes only occassionally, sometimes frequently. Often the resume/accellerate function doesn't work while control is established, sometimes it does. I have even noticed occassions that when trying to use the res/acc funtion to increase the speed it seemed to cause the control to dis-establish (fail). Also I have noticed that there are some roads that I frequently travel, where the cruise control cuts out at about the exact same spot every time! Weird! I had owned an '89 Bonneville that had a very similar type of misfunctioning of the cruise control, so perhaps these types of problems are common and that there is a lot of experiences with diagnosis and remedy.

Lastly, with my superficial knowledge of the French language I wonder why the LeSabre is not spelled LaSabre. Words that end with "e" in French are considered feminine and are supposed to be preceeded by "La" and not "Le." Did Buick decide to dumb-it-down for a presumably ignorant American public?

Old 08-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Administrator

i am not sure what you mean about relearning the sensors...when you disconnect the battery, it has to "relearn" everything...it takes 100 miles i think??

Old 08-29-2005, 05:26 PM

I most case cruise control use vaccuum, check if any broken line are
visible. If the cruise control module can not actuacte correctly the
throttle boby (not enough vaccuum or throttle body open a 100% for a
while) the cruise will disengage itself.

Lesabre is correctly spelled in french. "E" ended femine word is
only for some name and adjective. "Le" and "La" mean "The". La is the
feminine form of "Le". We use gender article in french and this kind of
word use their own feminine form. Hope I did'nt make to many
spelling error ! I did'nt use english often.